Vicky Mejías: Attorney Profile
Vicky Mejías is an associate who handles all facets of family law. Previously, Vicky represented individual and business clients in commercial litigation matters ranging from negotiation and preparation of pleadings to complex litigation involving contractual disputes. She has advised clients on entity formation, organizational matters and a variety of employment and software related contracting issues.
Vicky is actively involved within the legal community. She is a Member at Large of the San Diego County Bar Association’s Ethnic Relations and Diversity Committee, and also a member of the Lawyers Club of San Diego, La Raza Lawyers and the San Diego Family Law Bar Association. Vicky is also a member of the Family Law section of the State Bar of California.
Vicky is a San Diego native who graduated from Point Loma High School, received her bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara and her law degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego. She is fluent in Spanish and French.
During law school Vicky worked on the complex, multi-jurisdictional trial of Radovan Karadžić at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in The Hague. She also served as a teaching assistant for a Wills and Trusts course and served as a corporate law research assistant. Prior to law school she gained experience as a legal assistant at two civil litigation firms.
- San Diego County Bar Association – Ethnic Relations and Diversity Committee, Member at Large; Business and Corporate Law Section, Member; Family Law Section, Member
- La Raza Lawyers, Member
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California – Family Law Section, Member; Business Law Section, Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Member
- Lawyers Club of San Diego, Member
- Superlawyers, Rising Stars List – 2015, 2016
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award – 2015
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award® in Federal Income Tax – 2013
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award® in Legal Synthesis – 2013
International Travel, Masters Swimming, Scandinavian design and succulents
Call Vicky Mejías or the Law Offices of Andy Cook at: (619) 515-9900.